Hospital Valle del Guadalhorce (Cártama) begins in service from next Tuesday, June, 28th, giving health coverage to thirteen municipalities: Alhaurin el Grande, Alora, Alozaina, Ardales, Cártama, Carratraca, Casarabonela, Coin, Guaro, Monda, Pizarra, Tolox and Yunquera.
To ensure access to the hospital by public transport, Malaga Area Metropolitan Transport Consortium enables a new bus stop, Hospital Valle del Guadalhorce, on several Consortium bus routes, so that the connection between some municipalities and the hospital will be direct. These bus routes are:
- M-144 Gibralgalia-El Sexmo, which connects the areas of Gibralgalia and El Sexmo (Cártama) and Cerralba (Pizarra) with the Hospital.
- M-233 Málaga-Cerralba-Alora, with direct connection between Álora, Pizarra and Cerralba (Pizarra).
- M-330 Málaga-Zalea-El Burgo, M-331 Málaga-Zalea-Ronda, M-332 Málaga-Zalea-Algodonales and M-333 Málaga-Zalea-Alozaina. These routes connect the hospital with Zalea and Cerralba (Pizarra), and also with Yunquera, Alozaina and Casarabonela (outside the scope of Consortium).
- The municipalities of Ardales and Carratraca, not part of the scope of Consortium, also communicate directly with the hospital through the route Malaga-Ronda (stopping at Hospital Valle del Guadalhorce).
Also will be available the bus route M-153 Hospital-Cártama Pueblo-Cártama Estación, a new shuttle service cofinanced with the City of Cártama, communicating directly with the Hospital. This bus route has eleven full expeditions, departing from Cártama Station from 07:35, and from the Hospital till 15:10.
Both lines, shuttle M-153 Hospital-Cártama Pueblo-Cártama Estación, as M-144 Gibralgalia-El Sexmo serve as transshipment to the hospital from the following bus routes:
- M-231 Malaga-Pizarra-Alora, M-234 Malaga-Pizarra and M-235 Álora-pizarra-Málaga (por Cerralba y Cártama). Customers from Pizarra, appart from Alora and Cerralba (which have direct connections) may trasbord to the Hospital.
- M-336-Málaga Guaro (por Alhaurin el Grande y Cártama) and M-344 Málaga-Tolox (por Cártama y Alhaurin el Grande). These bus routes stop in Cártama Estación, from where users from Alhaurín el Grande, and from not attached to the Consortium municipalities of Tolox, Guaro, Monda and Coin can have transshipment to the Hospital.
We remind you that bus routes assigned to Consortium have a fare system in its municipalities belonging to its scope, with important discounts using Consorcio Transport Card. You can access to all information about Card and transport tickets, fares and Transport Card sales points.
Further information can be consulted on our new mobile app Consorcio Malaga (available now for Android and iOS), on the Consortium’s web, on its official Facebook , Twitter and YouTube page, or by calling the customer service line on (+34) 955 038 665.